Saturday, April 4, 2009

checking in

Hi Doris, and anyone else out there. This is Barney checking in, as it has been a while since I got Doris' email invite. Nice idea. I do not usually blog, so this is new, but I shall try not to bore anyone.

We are getting another snow storm, which figures, since I just bought grass seed for the spring, and removed all the heaters from the water tanks for the horses and dog/cat bowls. We have been in a battle to prevent the deer from chomping our bulbs as they arise; we are not winning.

To those who do not see or hear from us much - there are four in our family - me (named after guess who), Sandy and our two kids - Ethan, a 19 -just- freshman in Ithaca College, and Sarah, a soon to be 16 yo sophmore in HS. We live in upstate NY, Washington County about 5 miles from the VT border. I am fortunate to live and work in the same community and have done so for the past 21 (OMG!) years.

Anyways, it is good to see some others on the site and Doris - thanks very much for your effort in all this. I will check in more regularly and I look forward to hearing about everyone and your views on the world in general.

See you and love,
Barney

2 comments:

  1. Barney, hi! how good to hear from you; did you really have snow, I hope it doesn't come down this way. the crocus & daffodils are sweet and tender and the willow trees are brightening the landscape but they're all pretty fragile and don't like snow. I know that because it has happened in the past once or twice. You sound fine and I hope that means you and your family ARE fine and ready for Passover and a lovely time together.
    OOOOXXXXX
    Aunt Doris

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.